Milk is a healthy beverage for any person to consume. From infancy to adulthood, milk is a beverage that is very healthy. Milk contains a variety of substances needed for health. Not only breast milk intake of vitamins can be a great material for the baby, but milk also had a tremendous influence for the bodies of children, adults, to senior citizens. What are the substances contained in milk, as well as what and how the benefits of milk.
At the Experimental Biology conference in Anaheim, Calif, dairy producer stated milk as the main source of vitamin D, and produces almost half of all the essential vitamins needed by our bodies.
Milk is also known as a food supplement in a 4 healthy 5 perfect. Milk is also capable of preventing various diseases if we are diligent to drink it regularly. According to a nutrition consultant, milk can be a major nutrition or nutritional complement, depending on who and how the condition of drinking it.
Where have produced milk can be consumed?
1. Mother’s Milk
2. Fresh milk produced from animals: cows, buffaloes, goats, horses, sheep, donkeys, and yack.
3. Soy milk, almond milk, coconut milk
The types of milk that is known is whole milk, skim milk, sweetened condensed milk, whole milk and milk without sugar.
Ranging in age from infant milk functions:
1. Milk is the main food for babies that is recommended for infants under six months. The benefits of mother’s milk for babies is that milk can provide durability and immunity to the baby’s body, the composition of nutrients in mother’s milk also meet all nutritional needs of infants.
2. Age above 6 months, milk functions shifted, so that is extra food, because more than 6 months, type of food consumed by the baby starts to grow.
3. The age of 12 years, a child still needs 1-2 glasses of milk per day. Increasing the number of age, the function of milk or milk benefits will also be increasingly shifted again, until finally the function of milk will depend on the nutrient intake for a person.
Milk is a beverage that is used to achieve the perfect development of the child.
Any substance contained in milk?
In the milk and its products contained carbohydrates, proteins, fats, vitamins, and minerals. For the category of vitamins and minerals, at least the average milk contains vitamin A, calcium, and iron.
1. Protein Source
Proteins are substances that are essential for growth, replace damaged parts, producing hormones and enzymes in the body. Cow’s milk contains 3.2 grams of protein per 100 milli-liter.
Milk proteins have a high value of biologists who provide essential amino asala can not be produced by the body. A total of 80% milk protein is Whey Casein and 20% consisting of albumin and globulin are important for immunity.
2. Containing milk fat
Milk fat is a source of fat soluble vitamins such as vitamin E, A, D, and source of essential fatty acids and hormones. Cow’s milk fat content 3.5 grams per 100 milli-liter.
Most 60-75% milk fat or saturated oils, 25-35% unsaturated fat, and 4% fatty acid poliunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs). A third of milk fat is a monounsaturated fatty acid (MUFA), olive oil is good for heart health.
3. Sources of vitamin
– Milk is a good source of B vitamins for carbohydrate and-protein metabolism. Milk is rich in vitamin B1 (thiamine), vitamin B2 (riboflavin), vitamin B6 (pyrodoxin), and niacin. Also a source of vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin) and folic acid which if shortages will cause megaloblastic anemia.
– Milk also contains vitamin C which is essential to prevent damage to blood vessels, cartilage, muscle, and bone.
– Contains calcium and phosphorus are good for growing bones and teeth.
– Contains magnesium are essential for bone formation, protein, and nerve function.
– Contains Zinc, a mineral essential for growth, increase endurance, and speed healing of wounds.
– Contains potassium to maintain fluid balance and some other minerals in small amounts that are not less important such as iodine, narium, selenium, and iron.
And much more nutrient content in the milk are beneficial to health. High nutritional value in the resulting liquid milk or mammary gland can be used as a source of nutrients for humans of all age groups or life cycle.
Now, let’s look at the benefits of milk in a more concise:
1. Prevent osteoporosis and keep bones strong. For children, milk bone growth that serves to make children become taller.
2. Lowering blood pressure.
3. Preventing tooth decay and maintaining oral health. Milk can reduce the acidity of the mouth, stimulates saliva, reducing plaque and prevent cavities.
4. Neutralize toxins such as metal or tin that may be contained in food.
5. Prevent colon cancer or bowel cancer.
6. Preventing type 2 diabetes.
7. Beautify the skin, making it more shine.
8. Helping to sleep faster. This is because the content of the milk will stimulate the hormone melatonin, which would make drowsy body.
9. Prevent diabetes.
10. Reduce the risk of breast cancer.
Benefits of milk you can feel immediately. From now on, make it a habit to drink two glasses of milk a day. Now, you already know, the nutrients in milk and milk for health benefits. By consuming milk regularly, then you can feel the benefits and improve your health.